Whoops. Here I thought I was painfully simple.
Maybe I'm a hypocrite, or at least hopelessly naive. Every barely concealed whisper seems to point to stubborn with a hint of pathetic, unrealistic idealism.
I can live with that.
Here's one for the dating profile. Disillusioned, disenfranchised, and utterly disappointed. Seeking...something better.
I expected more than sitting sober through their drunken nights. More than the cheap sex. I definitely hoped for more than the cliche drugs and dance clubs full of liars, users, and thieves, hemorrhaging damage in all directions. Beware of human wreckage based pathogens.
Here I am. An optimist on deadly ground; holding on to what remains of a hope that once burned bright.
Maybe I am alone. I suspect I'm not.
I can live with that.
Here's one for the dating profile. Disillusioned, disenfranchised, and utterly disappointed. Seeking...something better.
I expected more than sitting sober through their drunken nights. More than the cheap sex. I definitely hoped for more than the cliche drugs and dance clubs full of liars, users, and thieves, hemorrhaging damage in all directions. Beware of human wreckage based pathogens.
Here I am. An optimist on deadly ground; holding on to what remains of a hope that once burned bright.
Maybe I am alone. I suspect I'm not.
Best of luck.
Restless Regards,
-Monolith
Restless Regards,
-Monolith
No comments:
Post a Comment